Pool Pump Shed Cleaning Tips
Posted: 24th September 2021
Posted in: Latest News
Spring Cleaning Tips for your Pool Pump Cover
Spring has sprung, and there’s no better time to give your pool area some TLC before the summer silly season hits. The good news is – the premium Interpon powdercoat on SlatMe’s pool pump covers is extremely durable and weather resistant, and so quick and easy to clean. Below are some of our do’s and don’ts for the care and maintenance of your pool pump shed:
- Wet or hose down your pool pump cover before you start
- Use a mild detergent and soapy water to remove any dirt and dust that may accumulate.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth or sponge.
- Clean in a gentle, circular motion.
- Avoid any harsh scrubbing which may damage the powdercoat finish.
- Rinse everything off with clean water after cleaning, until all detergent is removed
- Clean regularly
- DO NOT use any abrasive, harsh or industrial cleaners (e.g. Ajax, Gumption, Acidic Cleaners, Chlorine, Bleach). These will eat away at the powder coating, causing it to deteriorate over time.
- DO NOT use steel wool, scourers or any other abrasive cleaning cloth.
- DO NOT clean with harsh scrubbing or excessive force – this may cause scratching or other damage
- DO NOT leave any traces of soap or detergent on your pool pump cover. Ensure you rinse it off completely with clean water after every clean.
When to Clean your Pool Pump Shed
How often you need to clean your pool filter cover depends on the location of your home. In most cases, a clean every 3 to 4 months is sufficient. However, pool pump sheds installed in “harsh” environments, such as those installed close to marine or industrial areas, or close to the beach, should be cleaned every 1-2 months to maximise the lifespan of your product.
Incorrect care and maintenance can void your warranty, so please contact us if you need any further advice. Happy cleaning!